Terms & Conditions
- All advertising amounts are excluding VAT
- The Publisher reserves the right to edit, revise or reject any advertising.
- The Publisher shall be under no liability whatsoever by reason of error, including any translation error,
for which it may be responsible in any advertisement beyond liability to give the advertiser or advertising
agency credit for as much of the space occupied by the advertisement as is materially affected by the error;
and its obligation to give such credit shall not apply to more than one incorrect insertion under any contract
or order unless it is notified of the inaccuracy prior to the deadline for repetition of the insertion.
- The Publisher does not guarantee any given level of circulation or readership for an advertisement.
- The advertiser and advertising agency assume liability for all content [including text representation and
illustrations] of advertisements published and also assume responsibility for any claims arising thereof
made against The Publisher, including costs associated with defending against such a claim.
- All positions are at the option of The Publisher. In no event will adjustments, reinstatements or refunds be
made because of the position and/or section in which an advertisement has been published. The Publisher will
seek to comply with position requests and other stipulations that appear on insertion orders, but cannot
guarantee that they will be followed. Payment of a premium position fee does not guarantee positioning.
In the event that The Publisher is unable to provide the requested positioning, the premium position fee
will be refunded. Customer service representatives and Account Managers are not authorized to modify this
provision or to guarantee positioning on behalf of The Publisher. Misclassification of classified ads is
- The Publisher shall be under no liability for its failure for any cause to insert an advertisement.
- The Publisher reserves the right to convert all advertisements published in print, digital and audio-text
formats, including the right to publish such advertisements electronically on the Internet and other
- The advertiser or advertising agency shall pay the cost of composition of advertisements set but not used.
- Advertiser (and agency) may not resell any advertising or advertising space.
- Charges for changes [not corrections] from original layout and copy will be based on current composition rates.
- The Publisher will not be responsible for errors appearing in advertisements that are placed too late for
proofs to be submitted or for errors due to delivery of printing materials past publishing deadlines from
the advertiser or advertising agency or from a third party designated by the advertiser or advertising agency
as a source for printing material.
- Advertisers are responsible for checking the accuracy of the proofs they request. The advertiser should carefully
check the entire ad proof, including areas in which changes or corrections were not requested.
- All orders are firm and are not subject to cancellation unless agreed upon by both parties.
- Cancellations or changes cannot be guaranteed in classified advertising between the time the ad is
ordered and the initial publication.
- Multi-insertion orders will be accepted only when in writing. Cancellation of multi-insertion orders
must be confirmed in writing.
- The Publisher does not assume any liability for the return of printing material in connection with
advertising unless a specific written request is received to hold such material subject to order for
a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Claims for errors must be made within 30 days following publication date.
- On advertising where a debit order is allowed, monthly accounts are due and payable on or before the
fifteenth [15th] of the month following booking. When any part of an account for advertising becomes
delinquent, then the entire amount owed shall become due and payable and The Publisher may refuse to
publish further advertising. In this event, the advertiser or agency shall pay for advertising space
actually used according to the rate earned at the time of the delinquency.
- Extension of credit to advertising agencies is based on the agency’s acceptance of sole liability for
all advertising placed by it and billed to its account. No endorsement, statement or disclaimer on any
insertion order, check or letter shall act as an accord or satisfaction, or as a waiver of this condition
unless and until it is accepted by The Publisher by a separate written agreement signed by a duly authorized
representative of The Publisher. In the event of nonpayment of any agency account, prior to referring said
account for third party collections, The Publisher reserves the right to contact the agency’s client(s),
as disclosed principal(s), for payment. If the outstanding balance is still not satisfied, The Publisher
may proceed with collections against both the agency and its client(s). No such action on the part of The
Publisher shall relieve the agency of liability for the debt.
- Payment of all undisputed invoices must be made within The Publishers terms. All outstanding accounts
will attract an interest fee of not less than 1% per month and is usually calculated at the prime lending
rate plus 2% per annum
- There will be a ZAR500.00 charge for any check not honored by the bank. Returned checks must be replaced
with guarantees/cashier/ internet transfer funds within 48 hours of notification. The Publisher reserves
the right to withhold further advertising pending receipt of replacement funds.
- In the event an account is referred to a third party for collection, advertiser agrees to pay collection
and/or attorney fees, as well as court costs incurred to effect collection.
- Payment of account is not dependent upon receipt of invoices, either physical or electronic.
- Incorrect rates that do not correspond to the rate card will be regarded as clerical errors and the
advertisements will be published and charged at the applicable rates in effect at the time of publication.
- Preprint advertisers are billed based on average circulation within the purchased advertising zones, as
published in The Publisher’s period estimates, which may vary slightly from the number of inserts
distributed on a particular issue. The Publisher will not be responsible, nor provide billing or rate
adjustments, for shortages resulting from these variances, including variances due to errors in the
insertion or distribution process, shortages in the advertiser’s delivery of preprints, and inserts
that are not within The Post’s insert specifications.
- Insertion orders are accepted by The Publisher subject to the foregoing terms and conditions. Terms,
conditions, rates or agreements not set forth herein or in then-current rate schedules are not binding
on The Publisher. Customer service representatives and Account Managers are not authorized to modify
these terms and conditions.
- The signatory declares that he/she has the authorization to sign for and place advertisements on behalf
of the client and is aware of the costs for such advertisements.
- All Advertising Contracts are automatically renewed after every 12 months and must be cancelled in
writing before deadline submissions.
The Government Directory of South Africa is proudly brought to you by:
African Directory Services (Pty) Ltd – The way to connect with Africa ®
Telephone: (+27) 11 3336803 / 0860 366387
Get your free email account instantly. Lots of exciting email addresses to choose from – click here